A Day in the Life - May 2022

by - May 20, 2022

I've shared with you guys before kind of how I break up my work days (Life as a Work-at-Home Mom: My Daily Routine), but I've never done an actual Day in the Life post. One of the bloggers I really enjoy does these a few times a year, and I really enjoy seeing what a random day in her life looks like. So I thought you guys might like to see how a typical day for me plays out.

Okay, before we get into it - this was a random Monday outside of my distribution week. It was also a day that my husband was on day shift, which means I would have had the house to myself for a majority of the day and was really focused on work.

2:00 a.m. (or there abouts) - Alexis wakes us up with a nosebleed. Thankfully, it's not a bad one and we don't have to change her sheets. About 30 minutes later, she's back in bed. It takes me another 30 minutes or so to fall back to sleep. (Sadly, this happens more than I'd like to admit. Alexis has asthma and allergies so it's a hazard of the job.)

5:30 a.m. ish - My husband's alarm goes off. He gets up, gets ready, and leaves for work around 6:15. I doze off and on until my alarm goes off at 6:45. I wake Alexis up at 6:55. It takes a full five minutes to get her moving. While she gets dressed, I pack her lunchbox and make sure there's nothing I need to sign in her school folder. We leave the house for morning drop-off around 7:20.

7:30 a.m. - I load the dishwasher while my coffee brews. I drink it at my desk while I write my weekly Monday Motivation post, update my own social media, and check email. I field a business call, then update the magazine's profile on a local networking website.

9:00 a.m. - I take a break to fold a basket of laundry and get dressed for the day. I wash my face, throw my hair in a clip, brush my teeth, and apply some moisturizer. I rarely do full makeup.

9:30 a.m. - Back to the office where I get started on the day's to-do list, including a few hundred follow-up emails and editing one of our columns. At some point, I took a break to go to the corner convenience store for a drink and snack/lunch.

1:00 p.m. - I take about 30 minutes to work on some stuff for the blog, something I haven't done in way too long if I'm being honest. Then I box up some of the stuff in my office. We're in the process of moving, so I've been trying to fit it in where I can.

1:45 p.m. - I leave for the after school car line. Fun fact: I always take a book with me to pass the time.

2:30 p.m. - School is out, and Alexis is buckled in the backseat. We go to the grocery store before heading home.

3:00 p.m. - We're back from the grocery store. Alexis helps me get everything inside and put away. I respond to a few emails that came in while I was out, edit some photos, make some graphics, and update this blog post, as well as another. I do a few other work-related things, and Alexis does her homework. Then she has free time to play, watch TV, relax, etc.

5:00 p.m. - Alexis helps me make spaghetti and meatballs in the instant pot. We sit down at the table to eat together. I rinse our dishes and make sure the pot is still on warm so Chris won't have to heat his supper up when he gets off work.

7:00 p.m. - Alexis gets ready for bed - bath, pjs, and medicine.

7:30 p.m. - Chris gets home from work. He eats and we hang out as a family until bedtime.

8:00 p.m. - Alexis is in bed. We read a chapter of her new book, Amelia Bedelia and Friends Blast Off, before tucking her in. I put away the laundry I folded earlier in the day while Chris takes a shower. After, we hang out and chat about our days, stuff with the move, Alexis, and everything in between. I read a few chapters of my book.

10:00 p.m. - We turn out the lights and say goodnight.

You May Also Like